Pages

Amanda Michaud 2013. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Hunger Games crafts

I'm very fond of The Hunger Games. I love the action, plot, characters, and pretty much everything. I'm taking a break from crocheting to start making some Hunger Games inspired crafts. I love cross stitching, but haven't done much of it since my middle school years. I like doing more free hand stitching. A little secret: I'm a bit of a fangirl. I love me some Marvel! And don't get me started on The Avengers. The first craft I've made is the flaming Mockingjay symbol out of perler beads. It was really simple to do. I just found a picture of the original symbol and replicated it with beads.
Here's a little bit about perler beads if you are new to it.
. The second craft I'm currently making is a cross stitch Mockingjay symbol. Underneath it will be the famous Hunger Games quote "May the odds be ever in your favor". All of this is free hand. I'm excited to say that it is going very well. I have outlined the symbol and I am working on filling it in with gold embroidery thread (always knew keeping it around would come in handy!)
Happy Hunger Games!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to see more?